Thursday, June 28, 2007

All Abuzz Inside

Life changes so swiftly and rapidly, and we learn to take it in our stride.
The baby's coming, nappies, sleeplessness...
The 'flying all over the country' executive confined to being a stay-at-home mommy...
Sudden death of a much loved one, and the consequent whirlpools that give life a sound thrashing...
The grappling with the mundaneness of life, the tastelessness of food, the grieving days...
A friend's passion to start something new...stokes my fire too...and soon we are soaring...
Pressures...cashflows...the hirings and firings...the long commutes...
The li'l ones' school...the tasteless food...the occasional fiery chaat...

Life just happens, and I flow with it.

But I know, I have to stop and take a breath that's different from it all. And that fresh breath is always...Bangalore!

Sudden decision to go, and soon we are on the flight. The five days rush by. Many things are new...the kids, the lounges, resorts, the new flavors of vodka. But the feeling is the same. Nine of us back together. We talk about nothing, yet we stay bonded. We don't solve problems...yet the magic stays intact. The stupid jokes, the wisecracks, the love...stays just the same.

Now I am back to my life, light years from Bangalore. But my mind is abuzz with the thoughts. Till a few days ago, my mind was filled up with work, family, vegetables, washing...For the past two days that I have been here, it's abuzz with my family of friends. And it's a fresh lease of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home