Friday, February 15, 2008

The Books in Your Life

Is there a pattern to the kind of books that matter to us? Different authors, very different styles of writing, different genres...but the core thought is the same. There is a pattern.

Would you say Ayn Rand and Tom Peters are alike? I used to read Rand years back. And if there's one thought from her that is left with me today, it is about being supremely competent at your work. And Peters makes me want to go far beyond competence.

Gary Zukav, Richard Bach and Brian Weiss...same story. One now tends to spirituality, one weaves fantastic imagery about alternate lives, and one talks directly about hypnosis and past life regressions. But the central thought is the same.

Okay, I am probably also sifting it down so that it all makes sense to me. But that's not all, I am sure. There is a pattern.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Shubhra said...

I was wondering after reading this... for me i could not find a pattern in the books that stay and simillarly the movies... maybe there is some core deep inside but I couldn't connect it... but yes yr post made me think for sure.

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home